Thursday, October 13, 2011

Collage Depicting a Day in the Life of a Mercy Student

The collage below depicts the day in the life of a Mercy Academy student.  Before creating this collage, I learned how to use several tools in Photoshop and how to use the elements of photography to create a more intriguing photograph.  I used quite a few different tools in editing the photos in my collage.  In the bottom right, I used the black/white tool.  A few of the other tools that I used in Photoshop were the hue/saturation adjustments, the exposure adjustments, the curve adjustments, and the levels adjustments.  I used these adjustments to enhance the colors in the picture and to make the corners of the photo either darker or lighter.   I also used a tool called lens correction to move the angle that the lens was focused on to actually hide a blurry spot in the photo.  I used the dodge tool, the lasso tool, and the magic wand tool as well.  I also cropped and resized my photos.  One element of photography that I used that I had learned in class was simplicity in the picture of the girl vacuuming a class room.  The tutorials on the tools in Photoshop and what I learned in class helped me compose this collage project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment